Thursday, February 8, 2007

Daffodils Friday Feb 9th.. Just 90 minutes early.

I am up a few hours early.. but I have them and want to make sure I get it done! I think Daffodils are beautiful and I was more than happy to get a few pictures of them. Taken in natural light on manual. I appreciate all HHCC! Thanks for looking and Happy Friday!!! I am happy with the dark background, I had the flowers in sunlight and they gave some dramatic shadows I like the look, but what do you think? Does it take away? I love the way the yellow pops. Thanks for looking!
f5 1/1250 ISO 200f5 1/1600 ISO 200
f5 1/1250 ISO 200

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! It's beautiful, and I love the lighting on all 3 of these, good job! :)

~*Steffie*~ said...

They are a little bright and I think some of the detail is lost.. maybe adjust in curves. Otherwise beautiful.

Jan said...

I really like these. The color is amazing! I don't care for the shadows as much.. It adds drama to the pics, but I think I prefer my flowers mostly drama-free. :)You're doing a great job with your pictures. TFS!

Lorrie said...

I love daffodills! Just pretty colors on these, but I think I would like to see them with a bit less contrast too. Great job though!

Jenny said...

Nice color but the shadows do detract from the photos a bit. They look like they had direct sunlight on them from the window maybe? It would have been helpful to have them have a bit more diffuse light and bounce some light from the opposite side to lessen or get rid of them. Nice composition though. Don't know if you sharpened them in PPing, but the first one looks a little oversharpened on my monitor. HTH

Dar Kaso said...

Beautiful captures. Gorgeous color.

Sue said...

Pretty, but I have the same thing, some of the detail is lost. I like the angles and composition of these photos :)

Lee said...

Thanks so much for the cc. I appreciate all of it gives me something to work on.

Teri said...

I love the yellow in these flowers.

Lauren Hartman said...

I usually don't care for flowers against a black background, but I do think these work. However, I think there is too much contrast and brightness in the flowers themselves. If you can tone the color down a bit, and maybe get some diffused light on them so the shadows aren't so prominent, I think they'll be more successful.