Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Blue Bridge

This is a new addition that I just added. So the top is my second shot of it. They are two seperate pictures, one is slightly closer. And I tried different things with curves on each of them.
The Blue Bridge, that is what everyone calls it, (maybe it has a name, I am not too sure!!) I think every city has one. Every place I have lived for long does! I love the ice in the Columbia River, it rarely freezes, it is fast moving and really deep and wide. And the tumble weeds are an added bonus for the Basin here. Truly represents life here. Shot in Manual f2.8 1/160. Edited with PhotoShop Elements, yes the first one.. with curves. HHCC Appreciated.

15 comments:

Sara D. said...

Very pretty! Love the reflection in the river. Maybe try to crop it at where the shadows start. It seems too distracting for me. Love the chunks of ice!

Mom2Drew said...

Love the perspective here with the bridge in the background. Lovely.

Amanda said...

NICe shot! YOu really have a good eye! I can't wait to see what you can do with an SLR!

Lorrie said...

love this shot.. looks almost gradient the way it fades from deep blue to the lighter colored sky... great pic!

TJDKG said...

i love that first one... soo pretty!

Sara D. said...

Oh I like that one much better! Very dramatic, without the distractions at the bottom! Great job!!!

Donna said...

Wow, I love the new edited photo. I agree it looks gradiated. Nice effect.

Jane H said...

I like the edited one much better great shoot!

Dar Kaso said...

Gorgeous captures.

Krissynae said...

I love these pridges. these are great. Beautiful capture.

tharker said...

LeeAnn,

I'm so glad you commented on my blog! How did you find it? Great pictures. Love the picture of you too, super cute!

Patti said...

Great composition. Love the ice on the river - nice foreground interest (something I really need to work on). I like the top one best, both for the more vibrant colours and also the closer crop.

Alissa said...

the first one is fabulous!!! love the contrasty red/blue!

mel said...

I love the first one! The contrast with the snow against the river is really gorgeous. Great job.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.