Friday, January 26, 2007

Ice

Finally more outside the box, and not the river! Woo hoo! We have a little evergreen in our yard and while I had my dogs outside I noticed the ice on it and all the frost and got a picture. I love the look of it!

The second one.. I had dropped off pictures at the fire department yesterday and while I was getting my kids buckled in their car seats I saw ice on a tire, on just the little pieces of rubber that stick up. I don't think I have ever seen that. I grabbed my camera and was trying to quickly snap pictures, not quick enough evidently. The fire chief came out to find out what I was doing since it was his pickup and I had my lens right up to his tire snapping away! I quickly explained I was taking pictures of water and I just wanted pictures of the ice. He looked at the ice chuckled and wished me luck. It is official I know look like a freak, but man is it fun!
HHCC appreciated. Thanks for looking.

f5 1/60 ISO 400
f5.6 1/30 ISO 400

9 comments:

Lulu said...

I love them both! Great story. =)

Melissa said...

They are both awesome! You'll have to check out this pic my mom took... http://mejojacspot.blogspot.com/2006/12/ice-crystal-my-mom-sent-me-this.html
Love pictures of ice!! Probably because we don't get much here...

Anonymous said...

That second shot is just amazing!
Cari

Lei said...

wow, lee! i am very impressed. :)

Carolyn said...

I really like the second one...that's really cool and kinda abstract.

Dar Kaso said...

Both are great, really like the shot of the ice on tires, good catch.

Krissynae said...

great shots. Like the idea with the ice and the tire tread.very interesting. Great job

Teri said...

Both are awesome, Wish I had the guts to just walk up to things and take pics like you do with the tire :)

Alissa said...

these are awesome! check out the difference... for that first one, you need to keep a close eye on your ISO and F/stop. You could have easily brought your ISO down to 200 and opened your f/stop down to create a more blurred background. But great job getting down... and getting close!